The Town of Grand Isle is looking to fill a vacancy on the Selectboard with a term expiring March 2017. To qualify you must be a Grand Isle resident and able to meet the first and third Monday of each month at 7pm and available for the occasional special meeting. If interested please submit a Letter of Interest at the Grand Isle Town Office (9 Hyde Road) including your contact information and why you would like to be considered for the position on the Grand Isle Selectboard. Any additional information or documentation you wish to provide is welcome. The deadline to submit your Letter of Interest is 3:30pm on Monday, July 11, 2016. The Selecboard plans to review Letters of Interest at our July 11th meeting and interview candidates at our July 18th meeting. If you have any questions feel free to contact Selectboard Chair Adam White at email@example.com or (802) 578 – 5219.
Town of Grand Isle
P.O. Box 49
Grand Isle, VT 05458
Request for Proposals (RFP)
Carpet and Vinyl Flooring installation in the Town Office
The Selectboard for the Town of Grand Isle is seeking proposals from qualified carpet and vinyl flooring Installers for the replacement of carpet and installation of vinyl flooring in the Grand Isle Town Office located at 9 Hyde Road, Grand Isle, Vermont. The surface area to be covered is approximately 1680 square feet. RFP’s will only be accepted from Installers who have visited the Town Office, consulted with the Town Clerk, Melissa Boutin and have made a determination as to the amount of flooring product required for the project.
Scope of Work:
1) Remove existing carpet and padding, and dispose of it according to applicable solid waste rules and regulations.
2) Assess subfloor conditions; where required repair, replace or install new subfloor, ensure all subfloor is properly fastened to floor joists so as to eliminate squeaks and noises associated with loose subfloor.
3) Install carpet, secondary backing and vinyl flooring that is of commercial grade and that meets a heavy-duty traffic class.
4) Install carpet, secondary backing and vinyl flooring which meets appropriate Federal and State Fire Code requirements.
5) Install carpet with face fiber of 100% branded nylon and a weight of 18 to 26 ounces per square yard. Nylon fiber will be either Type 6 or Type 6.6.
6) Install carpet, secondary backing and vinyl products that meet the CRI indoor air quality green label standard.
1) Installation will be coordinated will the Town Clerk so as to minimize disruption to the employees of the Town and the public accessing the Town Office.
2) Installer will coordinate color selection with the Town Clerk.
3) Provide certificate of insurance providing at a minimum general liability and workmen’s compensation coverage and naming the Town of Grand Isle as additionally insured.
4) All products will be new and unused. Factory seconds or remanufactured products will not be accepted. All products must meet Federal and State standards for quality and safety.
5) All carpet products are to be guaranteed for wear and stain resistance under normal use conditions for a minimum of fifteen (15) years from date of installation and acceptance by the Town of Grand Isle. Warranty to cover excessive surface wear (more than 15% loss of pile fiber 2 weight measured before and after use), edge ravel, zippering, backing delamination/separation, water marking and excessive static electricity.
6) Vinyl products will be guaranteed to be free from defect for a period of ten (10) years.
7) Installer must replace and/or repair carpet, secondary backing and vinyl flooring for a period of one (1) year following acceptance of same if any defect attributed to defective or improper installation techniques appear during that period.
8) Installer will provide copies of all applicable manufacture warranties and MSDS sheets for all products associated with the project.
Submittal of RFP:
1) Provide product information that demonstrates conformance to the aforementioned criteria.
2) Provide labor rate and material markup percentage for products used to correct hidden defects in subfloor.
3) Provide lump sum cost for all aspects of project excluding labor rate and markup percentage for products used to correct hidden defects.
4) Submit proposals to: Town of Grand Isle, Attn: Melissa Boutin, Town Clerk, P.O. Box 49, 9 Hyde Road, Grand Isle, VT 05458. Submit proposals no later than 3:30pm on Monday, July 11, 2016.
5) Project related questions can be directed to: Bill Baron, Selectboard member at 802.372.3463.
6) The Town of Grand Isle Selectboard maintains the right to accept or reject any or all proposals.
13 gallon bag —–$4.00
30 gallon bag —–$5.00
45 gallon bag —- $7.00
These new rates are effective July 1, 2016