The cabin move started 8 Jan. 1946.
The restoration was begun in 1949, monies dried up and about 1951 the Vermont Historical Society turned the the cabin and lot over to the Vermont Board of Historic Sites.
In 1955 Helen Bullis got the state legislature to give $2000.00 to finish the restoration. The cabin was opened to the public 17 July 1956.
The second story was rebuilt